Himachal Pradesh Subordinate Allied Services 2016
Himachal Pradesh Subordinate Allied Services Coaching 2016
Available at Helios Coaching Centres at : Shimla, Sundernagar, Dharamshala & Nagrota Bagwan.
Duration: 2 Months (April-May)
Total Fee: Rs. 10,000
Syllabus for Screening Test
Himachal Pradesh Subordinate Allied Services/ Posts Examination, 2016
Paper of three hours’ duration consisting of 200 marks (General Knowledge) (Objective type).
1. History, Geography and socio economic development of Himachal Pradesh. 60 marks
2. Knowledge of current events of national and international importance and such matters of every day observation and experience in their scientific aspects as may be expected of an educated person who has not made a special study of any scientific subject. 60 marks
3. Modern History (From 1857 onwards) of India, Indian culture, Indian Polity, Indian Economy, Geography of India, and Disaster Management. Environment and Gender issues and teaching of Mahatma Gandhi. 80 marks
Syllabus for Main Examination
- English (Conventional) 150 Marks 03 hours
Candidates will be required to answer questions designed to test their understanding of
English and workmen like use of words .Some of the questions will be devised to test also
their reasoning power, their capacity to perceive implications their ability to distinguish
between the important and the less important and to write an essay. Passage will usually be
set for summary or précis. Credit will be given for concise the effective expression.
2. Hindi (Conventional) 150 Marks 03 hours
i) Translation of an English Passage into Hindi.
ii) Explanation of Hindi passage in Prose and Poetry in same language.
iii) Composition (Essay, Idioms, Correction etc).
3. General Knowledge 200 Marks 03 hours
History,geography, and socio economic development of Himachal Pradesh. Knowledge of
current events of National and International importance and of such matter of every day
observation and experience in their scientific aspects as may be expected of an educated
person who has not made a special study of any scientific subject. The paper will also
include questions on Modern History (From 1857 onwards) of India, Indian culture, Indian
polity, Indian Economy and Geography of India of such nature as candidates should be able
to answer without special study and question on the teachings of Mahatma Gandhi.
Viva-Voce 100 Marks