General Steps applicable to all exams
- Get hold of syllabus from official notification.
- Analyse the question papers from past exams.
- Prepare a list of areas/subjects from most to least important.
- Do a SWOT (Strength weakness, Opportunity & strength) analysis of yourself: According to Subjects & requirements of exam.
- Prepare a work plan according to time available for preparation.
- If your exams involve written segment: then work on languages & presentation skills..
- NOTES making is single most IMP thing while reading.
- Practice Well: MCQs of past papers. Do practice writing skills in required in any tier of exam.
What not to do
- Don’t rely completely on Online resources: Credibility & health issues can crop up. Internet can be supplement but may not be main course.
- Don’t read passively: Try to Understand concept & Imagine it also.
- Don’t read without Back-up:Hand Made notes can be based on 10% rule. i.e. 10% of pages read may be jotted down in short form for prelims & extended form for main/written.
- If time available is limited, then prioritize: Try to cover subjects with lesser